In 2015 I completed a Graduate Certificate in Education (Tertiary Teaching) at Federation University Australia.
In 2009 I graduated in Doctor of Philosophy from Federation University Australia. My thesis “Topology of interconnection networks with given degree and diameter” was done under the supervision of Prof Mirka Miller at Federation University Australia (formerly University of Ballarat).
In 2002 I completed my Bachelor degree in Computer Science with first class honors at the University of Oriente, Santiago de Cuba. My thesis, titled “Design of a module for the implementation of geographic information systems”, was done under the supervision of Dr Roxana Danger-Mercaderes.
Between 2002 and 2003 I worked as a mathematics instructor (lecturer level A) at the University of Information Sciences in Havana (Cuba). In 2003 I returned to the University of Oriente to work as a lecturer (assistant professor equivalent) in mathematics; I was at the University of Oriente until 2008.
In July 2013 I returned to Federation University Australia to take a tenured lectureship (assistant professor equivalent) in mathematics.
- 2017-19. Project: Largest networks of particular classes. Funding Agency: Indonesian government, Scheme P3MI, Grant No. 1016/I1.C01/PL/2017. Value: $AUD 45,000.
Collaborators: Hebert Perez-Roses (Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain), Rinovia Simanjuntak (Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia), Suhadi Wido Saputro (Institute of Technology Bandung, Indonesia).
- 2015-18. Project: Social network analysis for finding group-based fraud. Funding Agency: Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre. Value: $AUD 180,000.
- 2010. Project: Botnet optimisation and counterattack measures: A topological approach. Funding Agency: Federation University Australia. Value: $AUD 8,000.
Awards and Fellowships
- Aalborg University Fellowship (2017), Denmark.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship (2013), Skirball Foundation via the Centre for Advanced Studies in Mathematics at Ben Gurion University of the Negev.
- FAPESP’s Postdoctoral Fellowship (2012), University of Sao Paulo, declined.
- IBM Faculty Innovation Award. IBM Smarter Planet Industry Skills Innovation Awards 2010. (With Dr Julien Ugon, Deakin University (Australia) and Dr Nadezda Sukhorukova, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia)
- MAustMS (Accredited Member) Australian Mathematical Society (since 2009).
- MTICA (Member) International Institute of Combinatorics and Its Applications (ICA) (since 2006).
- Combinatorial Mathematics Society of Australasia Inc. (CMSA) (since 2009).